Weather is sweet for launch
Blue Origin’s webcast simply stated that climate is wanting good for launch.
Blue Origin’s webcast is stay
Blue Origin’s stay launch webcast for at this time’s NS-19 New Shepard mission has begun. You can watch it within the window on the prime of this web page.
Meet Blue Origin’s NS-19 crew
Blue Origin has launched a brand new video showcasing New Shepard’s NS-19 crew and you may watch it right here.
The NS-19 mission will launch Good Morning America host and former NFL star Michael Strahan on a suborbital journey with 5 crewmates, together with Laura Shepard Churchley, the eldest daughter of the late Alan Shepard, one in every of NASA’s Mercury 7 astronauts who was the primary American to fly in space and later walked on the moon.
“I kind of feel like a little bit like I’m following in my father’s footsteps,” Churchley says within the video.
“The moment that I decided I would be willing to go was here,” Strahan says, referring to when he lined Blue Origin’s first crewed launch with Jeff Bezos aboard for Good Morning America earlier this 12 months. “Watching Jeff and Mark Bezos completely changed my mind. It was amazing.”
Dylan Taylor, one of many 4 paying passengers, says going to space has been a lifelong dream, whereas one other passenger, Evan Dick, says he’d hoped to work in aerospace when he was youthful and is catching up for misplaced time with this flight.
Father-child duo of Lane and Cameron Bess — additionally paying passengers — spherical out the crew.
“When it became real, I went up to the family and said ‘Who wants to go?’ and the only person who raised their hand was Cameron,” Lane says. “We weren’t thinking about it being first father and child so much as it being an opportunity to experience it together.”
“It’s certainly an honor to be one of the first LGTBQ+ people in space,” Cameron, who’s pansexual, says within the video. “You know I’m now hero. I didn’t really work to go space, but I do think that the visibility that I’m providing for that community is valuable.”
It’s Launch Day for Blue Origin’s NS-19
It’s launch day for Blue Origin’s NS-19 mission aboard New Shepard, which can liftoff off at 9:45 a.m. EST (1445 GMT) to hold Good Morning America host and former NFL participant Michael Strahan and 5 others on a suborbital journey to space.
The six New Shepard crewmembers are at Blue Origin’s Launch Site One close to Van Horn, Texas for at this time’s launch. They’re staying at Blue Origin’s Astronaut Village, the place they’re flight has been delayed since Dec. 9 resulting from excessive winds and climate.
Blue Origin’s webcast begn at 8:15 a.m. EST (1315 GMT) and you may watch it within the feed above.
Flying aboard the New Shepard car with Strahan will probably be:
- Laura Shepard Churchley, 74, the eldest daughter of NASA astronaut Alan Shepard. Shepard was the primary NASA astronaut to fly in space, and the New Shepard spacecraft is known as after him.
- Dylan Taylor, 51, chairman and CEO of the space exploration agency Voyager Space, founding father of the nonprofit Space for Humanity, and co-founding patron of the Commercial Spaceflight Federation.
- Evan Dick, age not disclosed, an engineer and investor who’s a volunteer pilot for Starfighters Aerospace.
- Lane Bess, age not disclosed, principal and founding father of a technology-focused enterprise fund referred to as Bess Ventures and Advisory.
- Cameron Bess, age not disclosed, who’s a toddler of Lane. They stream selection content material on Twitch beneath the alias MeepsKitten.
We’ll have stay protection of the countdown and launch right here.